THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE APPLYING FOR FISCAL SPONSORSHIP
- Your project must be arts based and have a charitable (for the public good) purpose
- Your mission must align with Fresh Arts’ mission to strengthen the sustainability and vibrancy of Houston’s arts sector by bolstering the capacity and professional practice of artists and arts organizations and enhancing the public’s engagement with the arts.
- Fresh Arts will not fund your project, but we aim to connect you with the people that will!
- Fresh Arts charges an administrative fee of 7% (+ applicable credit card transaction fees), this helps us offset the costs of running the program
- All applicants must pay a non-refundable $100 application fee; fiscally sponsored projects pay a $100 annual renewal fee
- Create a mission and budget for your project. Identify possible income sources. Know your business structure.
- Get to know our program; schedule an optional appointment with Fresh Arts’ Fiscal Sponsorship Manager
- Submit your application and pay your $100 application fee online – applications deadline is the first of every month
- Your application will be reviewed by a committee and you will be notified of their decision within one month
- Now you’re sponsored, schedule an optional appointment with Fresh Arts so you can sign your contract and we can get to know you better!
- Start fundraising!
- Fresh Arts will provide you with on-hand resources (restricted to approved projects) to help you fundraise and market your project effectively