We are looking for people who enjoy working with art and enjoy a good challenge. Our clients generally reach out to us because they are unable to install or move their art themselves. They may have just bought an art piece that is very heavy, fragile or complicated and need help installing it. Or have a valuable collection they need stored or shipped.
This is a great job for someone who enjoys variety in their work. You might spend the day delivering one crate from a Houston museum to Dallas in a box truck. And the next day, work with a team to photograph and wrap 100 objects for transport. Or you might hang large paintings up high in a stairwell, or maybe install a house full of art. We work with collectors and institutions along with office and residential clients.
General Job Description:
– Drive company trucks to work sites – Vehicles range in size from a Suburban to a 24ft box truck
– Collaborate with teams of 2-4 people
– Work primarily off-site in residences, offices, galleries, airports, and museums
– Install, de-install, and load works into trucks
– Lift and move heavy 2D artwork, mirrors and sculpture.
– Photograph, condition, and pack all kinds of art and objects
– Most art is installed close to eye-level but sometimes installation requires going high on ladders and scaffolding
– Some out-of town work (almost always in Texas)
We’re looking for someone with:
– General knowledge in handling and installation of all types of artwork as well as residential and commercial moving, training provided
– General knowledge art fabrication and types – canvases vs. prints, etc. (not required)
– Problem solving skills along with the ability to adapt to a changing schedule
– Familiarity with woodworking techniques and power tools
– Maintain a professional and courteous attitude with clients and co-workers
– Client service-oriented with clean and professional appearance
– Must be able to function as part of a team as well as show individual Initiative
– Clean driving record
– Familiarity with commercial trucks (not required)
– Must be able to lift 50 lbs
TYart offers a salary commensurate with experience. TYart is an equal opportunity employer. Interested parties please send resume and references to Ross@tyart.com
TYart is a Houston based art service company that provides art handling, packing, storage, and transportation for museums, galleries, corporations, and private collectors. Our reputation is surpassed by none in the region. We are looking for highly motivated applicants interested and excited about working with, and around, art. Please refer to our website www.tyart.com.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
For the cover letter, please tell us what about the job looks interesting and if your resume doesn’t make it clear, list any art installation experience you have.