This position will support our Health and Safety needs, galleries, as well as our studio and lecture courses district-wide. The selected candidate will not be assigned to a specific campus but will float between campuses as needed.
The non-exempt position is 40 hours a week and considered Job Grade P5 with a midpoint salary of $38,569.00.
The candidate must have at least 3 years experience in a learning environment to qualify for the position and be moved forward as a candidate.
Other departmental preferred skills/experience:
• Can use a measuring tape, hand tools and power tools including a hammer
• Experience with wall painting and wall Repair
• Mechanically Inclined
• Computer Savvy
• Can use Microsoft Office Suites and Adobe software
• Has graphic design knowledge and experience
• Has general working knowledge of an art studio
• Able to work evening or night schedule
• Has a current driver’s license
• Work is performed primarily in a studio/laboratory setting; may be exposed to potentially hazardous chemicals, noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, and gases
• Able to work with 2-D, 3-D and Digital studio/laboratory equipment
• Aware and ok with occasional exposure to risks controlled by safety precautions.
• Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a studio/laboratory setting
• Needs to be able to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to heavy amounts of weight
• Be able to operate equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination
• Verbally communicate to exchange information
• May be required to wear safety glasses or goggles and rubber or latex/plastic gloves