CREATIVE ALLIANCE’S RESIDENT ARTIST PROGRAM
The application process for the Creative Alliance Residency Program is open and will conclude on FRIDAY MARCH 6, 2020. Creative Alliance is accepting applications for its live/work studio Residency Program beginning in Summer 2019. This long-term program, founded in 2003, is open to artists of all media who would like to deepen their practice in a supportive, dynamic environment, and interact with colleagues who thrive in a lively cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary live/work environment.
The Residency Program provides a highly visible, intense and creative environment for the production of artwork in all media. Attracting artists from around Baltimore, nationally, and internationally, the program is located on the second floor of The Creative Alliance in Highlandtown, Baltimore’s most diverse neighborhoods. A rarity in the field of artist residencies, Creative Alliance’s long-term program has a lease commitment from a minimum of 1 to a maximum of 3 years. The Residency Program accommodates eight resident artists, one in each of the studios. It is intended for emerging artists and more accomplished artists whose goal is to invigorate their work in an intensive creative atmosphere. Artists are encouraged (but not required) to use the studios as their primary residence. With the support of the Creative Alliance staff, resident artists will be at the center of the Baltimore art scene, with a wealth of community contacts and professional resources at their fingertips. Resident Artists are also afforded special opportunities through Creative Alliance’s robust programming. Specific opportunities include:
- Built-in community of professional colleagues
- Relationships with established artists and curators through annual studio visits & talks
- Below market cost rent
- Visibility through open studios public programs and tours with high level donors
- Extensive connections and exposure to diverse audiences, professional opportunities, other artists and community organizations
- Opportunity to present a major project through in a gallery exhibition, performance, screening, community art program or other appropriate project.
- Ability to use Creative Alliance as a fiscal sponsor for applications at a greatly reduced rate
- Marketing support from Creative Alliance staff
- Opportunities to become a paid instructor to teach free art/performance/writing/film workshops through Creative Alliance’s Workshop Program
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit the following materials with a $15 fee to Creative Alliance*
INCOMPLETE OR LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED:
- Documentation: Up to 15 images, OR 5 minutes of audio/video, OR 5 pages of written material submitted via Dropbox, Google Drive (send link to firstname.lastname@example.org) or on a CD/DVD.
- Written description of documentation, list of works, including title, date, media, and size/length, or abstracts of written material (2 pages max length).
- Current CV/resume, including your contact information (3 pages max length)
- Artist Statement (1 page max length)
- Letter of intent, indicating your reasons for applying to the Patterson Residency Program, what you hope to accomplish during your Residency (1 page max length)
- 3 professional references, their relation to you, their phone number and email.
Timeline for Deadlines:
Fri, Mar 6 Deadline for receipt of all materials by 5pm
Mon, May 4 Selected artists notified in writing
July 2020 New leases begin / Move-in