DEADLINES ARE DIFFERENT FOR EACH DISCIPLINE. (Disregard the due date on the right of the screen.)
The Princess Grace Awards is a national program dedicated to identifying and assisting emerging theater, dance, and film artists who are at the outset of their careers or at early stages of professional development. Working in conjunction with nominating schools and non-profit companies, Princess Grace Awards recognize the talent of individual artists in theater, dance, and film.
This unique collaborative process fills vast voids in the artistic community: scholarships, apprenticeships, and fellowships give emerging artists the financial assistance and encouragement to focus on artistic excellence; monetary support for the nominating organizations eases fundraising challenges, directing resources toward the creative process.
- All nominees must be U.S. citizens or have obtained permanent residency status.
- All nominees (except playwrights, who may apply individually through www.newdramatists.org), must be nominated by a school department chair/dean or company artistic director. Self-nominations are not allowed.
- The nominating organization must be a registered 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization for at least three years.
- Scholarships, apprenticeships, and fellowships must be completed in the United States.
- The next available grant period for all Princess Grace Awards is September 1, 2018 - August 31, 2019.
Award winners are selected annually by panels of experts in each field. Panelists review written material in advance of coming together to view visual materials and discuss nominees. Panelists rotate yearly and are selected by the chairs of theater, dance, and film, based on their knowledge and experience in each field.
Applications are accepted via the Princess Grace Foundation-USA’s online application module, and will be available in mid-January 2018. Please click on the appropriate category for guidelines.