Hey friends! We can't wait spend this weekend with some of the best Houston artists, live entertainment, brewskies, chow, and hopefully YOU!
Wake me up before you go go and read this to make sure you know how to "survive" WHAM properly...
1. How to get your pick of the art first before everyone else:
Come to our Friday night Preview Party!
Friday, Nov. 19, 6 – 10 p.m.
$10 admission gets you:
- - First dibs on the art
- - Live entertainment by DJ Smooth Operator
- - Open Bar
- - Light bites including bacon caramel popcorn from Beaver’s, nachos from El Patio, international gourmet goodness from Phoenicia Specialty Foods, and sweet treats by the Kitchen Incubator chefs!
- - Buy your ticket now online at or buy at the door
2. If Friday night is out for you, here are your other options:
Saturday, Nov. 20, 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 21, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Free admission on both of these days
3. Where the heck is Winter Street Studios and how do I get there?
Winter Street Studios is at 2101 Winter Street (77007)
WSS is located ALONG THE TRAIN TRACKS on Winter Street between SAWYER and HENDERSON streets.
It’s a big white warehouse with a Winter Street Studios banner at the top!
From Washington Avenue, turn North onto Sawyer…go over 1 set of railroad tracks and right before the 2nd set of railroad tracks TURN RIGHT onto Winter (the railroad tracks will be on your left and the rice factory on your right)
From I-10, take TAYLOR exit and head South on Taylor (pass the Target). Turn LEFT onto Crockett and then turn RIGHT onto Henderson.
Or you can just CLICK HERE TO SEE A MAP.
4. What is the parking situation like?
Parking is FREE and plentiful! Parking is available surrounding Winter Street Studios, in a parking lot East of the building, along the surrounding streets, and inside the Riviana rice factory parking lot directly across the train tracks from Winter Street Studios.
5. What type of art can I expect to find?
Check out our artists HERE in advance!
6. So what else happens besides shopping for awesome art and unique gifts?
We'll have live entertainment by some awesome local DJs and musicians!
6-10pm: DJ Smooth Operator
4-8pm: DJ Ceeplusbadknives
12-3pm: Kris Becker
7. This is a really important question. What should I wear?
We’re casual at WHAM so anything goes. The floor is concrete though so we suggest wearing comfortable shoes as you rack up the miles going back and forth trying to decide what to buy.
8. What if I can’t decide what to buy?
When in doubt, head to one of the two bars at WHAM. A stiff drink usually helps you make the right decision!
9. What should I bring?
Cash, Check, or Visa/MC/AmericanExpress (sorry, no Discover) and your Drivers License to prove you are really you (and you’re old enough to imbibe in alcoholic delights). Oh, and WHAM is fun for kids too!
10. What if I get tired?
Never fear! New this year is our fabulous and lusciously comfortable IKEA LOUNGE!
While resting your legs in the IKEA Lounge, check out the special Student Exhibition showcasing artwork by rising art stars from the CAMH Teen Council.
11. What if I get hungry?
Shopping really works up an appetite, so we’ve asked our friends at Beaver’s and El Patio to provide food at affordable prices on Saturday and Sunday. On Friday night, the food is free with your purchase of a $10 ticket.
Visit the WHAM website for more info and share the link with your friends!
SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND FOR THE CELEBRATION OF OUR 5TH WHAM-IVERSARY!