WORKSHOP: Tax Preparation for Artists
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
2101 Winter St., Studio #B11
Houston, TX 77007
FEES & REGISTRATION : Online registration is now closed. Walk-ins are welcome. Payments will be accepted at the door.
ONLINE REGISTRATION: Save $10 by registering early online! (Before noon on March 26)
Current Fresh Arts Members:$5
WALK UPS: $10 late fee
Current Fresh Arts Members: $15
Are you geared up for this tax season? Unsure how to file your hard-earned creative labor? Organizing and preparing your financial data as an artist can be difficult to navigate. Let Fresh Arts and Kathy Ploch help guide you on a road to financial stability and tax mastery!
Topics to be covered include:
· Business vs. Hobby - Should I file my work as a business or as a hobby?
· Business Structures - What kind of business structure fits me?
· Record Keeping - How to set up a business account and software to use.
· Taxes - Sales Tax, Employment Tax and Income Tax
· Tax Preparation - Navigating the Paperwork
· Business-related issues that arise and how to solve them
· Schedule C and deductions
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Kathy Ploch is a CPA and the Entrepreneurial Services Department Manager at Harper & Pearson Company, P. C. She has been in public accounting preparing all types of taxes for 30 years and has worked with small nonprofit organizations for 15 years. She is the immediate Past President of TALA, and has been a volunteer since 1999. She was the Houston CPA Society’s President in 2009-2010.