Call for undergrad and recent grad applicants for Spring 2019 Lawndale internship program!
Lawndale seeks interns to assist the staff with tasks such as assistance with exhibition installation,
research and archiving, special events, and daily activities associated with gallery
administration. Preference is given to individuals currently enrolled in junior or senior level
undergraduate studio art degree programs, and recent graduates - within one year of graduation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Commit to a 6 month internship and adhere to a set schedule
(4 hour blocks of time, 2-3 times a week)
- Be responsible, punctual, detail oriented, and comfortable working independently
- Enjoy attending and being present as a representative of Lawndale for events and workshops
(may include night events)
- Possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel
- Perform routine office administration tasks
- Perform miscellaneous gallery duties as needed - painting, equipment organization, etc...
- Have reliable access to your own transportation
Interns will report to Lawndale on a regular schedule for 6 months at 4912 Main Street.
Due to the varied tasks associated with operating an art gallery, the following physical activities may be required: climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing/pulling, and lifting (approx 20lbs).
Interns will receive a stipend totaling $650.
Submit a cover letter and resume to:
Lawndale Art Center
4912 Main Street
Houston, TX 77002