Fresh Arts invites the community to raise a glass (or three) to a local arts group each Thursday from 5:00-8:00pm as part of Fresh Arts' Cultured Cocktails beneficiary program. Hosted by Boheme Café & Wine Bar, this special happy hour is an opportunity for audiences and supporters to get up close and personal with the artists that make Houston unique. Even better, a portion the proceeds from the event benefit the participating group!
Since its inception in 2008, Cultured Cocktails has raised nearly $100,000 and hosted over 385 happy hours benefiting hundreds of local artists and arts organizations!
Many thanks to Boheme for their continued support of the Houston arts community!
BASIC DETAILS ABOUT THE HAPPY HOUR:
Fresh Arts’ Cultured Cocktails is a community building fundraiser in celebration of the arts and takes place EVERY Thursday during the 5:00-8:00PM happy hour at Boheme Café & Wine Bar. Each Cultured Cocktails event features a different local artist, arts organization, or arts project. The featured organization receives 10% of all drink sales within the 5:00-8:00PM time frame.
* The Cultured Cocktails beneficiary program raised over $9,700 for 48 artists and art organizations in 2016 and has raised $96,850 to-date since 2008*.
* Select Happy Hour specials available! Check out their photos, food + drink menus at www.barboheme.com
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF THE FEATURED ARTIST/ARTS ORG:
* You must maintain an active presence at your happy hour throughout the 5-8pm time frame.
* Share your art form with the bar patrons! Whether it is a performance, art display, reading, film screening, DJ, or something else, we highly encourage the featured organizations to engage bar patrons as much as possible. Boheme is a lively setting with art-loving bar patrons so use this as an opportunity to develop new fans/patrons and to promote upcoming organization events.
* Promote, promote, promote! The majority of the event promotion is the responsibility of the featured group. You will, of course, have the best luck encouraging your board, friends, and fans to attend and drink on your behalf. Therefore, Facebook event invites, calendar listings, etc. are the responsibility of the featured organization.
* Include the Cultured Cocktails logo in promotional material. Emailed upon request.
* We also strongly encourage you to have newsletter sign-up sheets, table signs, banners, and marketing collateral for your group. (Suggestion: Raffles are frequently a great way to get the crowd engaged and to capture attendee information.)
WHAT YOU CAN COUNT ON FRESH ARTS TO DO:
* We will add your Cultured Cocktails event to Fresh Arts' online Community Calendar.
* Include your event in our Fresh Art on Tap weekly event newsletter the week of your Cultured Cocktails night. Sign up to get our newsletter here.
* Include your event as one of the rotating featured events on our website.
* Coordinate with Boheme’s marketing manager to send out an e-blast about the event to their email list
* Help facilitate communication and special requests with Boheme bar management. All event questions should be directed to Fresh Arts.
* Fresh Arts has a small staff, but we will make every effort to have a staff member in attendance at your happy hour to greet your group.
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions before applying.