Submitted by FreshArts on Mon, Dec 1st at 6:09 pm
THE PRESENTATION FROM THE WORKSHOP DESCRIBED IS EMBEDDED BELOW.
Development Finance and Operation Basics
for the Jack-of-All Arts Administrator
(Gift Acceptance, Disclosure Rules & Basic Financial Reporting)
For arts administrators of small to mid-sized nonprofits
Wednesday, June 4th, 2014
@ Fresh Arts, 2101 Winter Street, #B11, Houston, TX 77007
Amy Lampi, Associate Director of Development, Alley Theatre
Joanna Torok, Director of Advancement Operations, Houston Grand Opera
Are you in charge of fundraising AND finance within a small organization? Do you struggle with creating a regular routine for acknowledging donations? Do you know how to present your financial position effectively to your board? Are you certain you’re in total compliance with the IRS when accepting gifts? Administrators can expect to walk away from this workshop better equipped to manage broad financial concerns along with a simple check-list of things to do each day to ensure you are staying in compliance.
Topics will include:
- Creating simple systems for fund development management and operations
- Timing, rules, and language for donor receipts
- Common mistakes in communicating the tax benefits of donations
- How to determine Fair Market Value for special events, etc.
- Basic financial reports
- Forecasting revenues
- Reconciling fundraising activities with greater financial goals
Artist Resource Center: