Submitted by STintern1 on Thu, Aug 13th at 10:09 pm
Checklist prepared by Fresh Arts in conjunction with the "Business Skills for Visual Artists" workshop.
- -Make sure you have a website. Keep it updated.
- -Make sure you have an Artist Portfolio.
- -Make sure you have business cards and you have them with you at all times.
- -Keep a current contact list of everyone who has come to your shows, purchased your work, or expressed interest in your work. Include mailing address and emails.
- -Make sure you have high quality images of your work
- -Have a standard cover letter that you can modify
- -Have an updated bio, artist statement, and resume that includes: list of exhibitions, gallery representation
- -Check your email and phone messages regularly and respond promptly
- -Connect with people on Facebook and Twitter
- -Create a free artist profile on Fresharts.org and keep your info and artwork current
More detailed checklist and full list of resources available in the attached Word Document. Download it below!
Fresh Arts periodically presents professional development workshops throughout the year as an essential part of our programming. If you would like information about future Fresh Arts Workshops, please subscribe to our Artist Resource Newsletter and follow us on Facebook and Twitter