Spacetaker Arts Marketing Workshop – Gallery Relationships 9.23.09
Workshop Outline, page 1 of 2
Truthfully evaluate your current status
- Are you painting every day?
- Are you ready to turn your hobby into a career?
- Are you selling your work on a monthly basis for more than $1,000 per piece?
Are you ready for gallery representation?
- Do you have a website?
- Do you have an Artist Portfolio?
- Do you have an available body of work that consists of more than 12 pieces
Let’s assume that you have all of these credentials. Now what?
It’s now time to do your research.
First of all, you need to know what types of galleries are out there.
- Co-op Gallery
- Run by artists
- Usually pay a small fee and/or volunteer hours to be involved
- Usually 50/50 split
- Great for a “starter” gallery
- Vanity Gallery
- Pay a fee for wall space
- Usually 70% artist/30% gallery split
- Fine Art Gallery
- No fees
- 50/50 split
The best resource for researching galleries - http://art-collecting.com/galleries.htm
Choose your city based on your knowledge of that city.
Start regionally. Start with the smaller galleries.
DOWNLOAD ENTIRE DOCUMENT BELOW...