We are the Arts Action Fund, a 501(c)(4) nonprofit membership organization affiliated with Americans for the Arts. We are the nation's leading nonprofit organization for advancing the arts in America. Launched in 2004, the Arts Action Fund seeks to engage citizens in education and advocacy in support of the arts and arts education. The Arts Action Fund's goals are to:
Enlist and mobilize 200,000 citizen activists who will help ensure that public and private resources are maximized and that arts-friendly public policies are adopted at the federal, state, and local levels.
Policy goals like these:
- Increased public funding for nonprofit arts organizations in order to better serve their communities.
- Ensure that every child has the opportunity for a comprehensive, high quality arts education in grades K-12.
- Nurture an environment to allow individuals and families affordable access to all forms of the arts.
The work of the Arts Action Fund involves four primary components:
- Educate elected officials, candidates, the media, and citizens on how the arts enrich us by creating better students, better schools, and better communities.
- Provide advocacy training on the federal, state, and local levels—involving our extensive arts advocacy infrastructure and network to help educate and train individual arts advocates and local organizations.
- Evaluate Members of Congress—assessing and rating their voting records on high-priority arts issues and holding them accountable to their constituencies of arts supporters.
- Galvanize the voice of the public—aggressively petitioning to shape public policy for the arts and arts education.