Join Theatre Under The Stars!
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE: https://www.tuts.com/careers
The Manager of Special Events will be primarily responsible for the management and production of all special event fundraisers and stewardship events for Theatre Under The Stars; providing leadership and expertise to insure all events are professionally executed and uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization. The position works closely with Director of Development, Event Chairs, Committees, Event Underwriters, Donors and Vendors to plan and implement each event.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Management of event logistics will include catering, décor, entertainment and staffing.
• Collaborate with Marketing team to create materials (print, social, press releases, etc) for all events
• Establish and manage a budget for each event and responsible for working with key members of TUTS development staff to cultivate and secure event underwriters and in-kind donors to raise the budgeted contributed income for each event.
• Responsible to ensure all underwriter and silent auction benefits are fulfilled.
• Cultivate donors and donor prospects; responsible for donor stewardship
• Prepare and present proposals for funding support to donors
• Prepare event Board and volunteer reports, including financial updates, for Fund Development Committee and Board of Directors
• Develop, manage and provide leadership to event chairpersons and volunteer committees
• Provide strategic planning and ideas for future fundraising event chairs and logistics
• Undergraduate degree in a related field with considerable experience in fund-raising, public relations, communications, journalism or related area with an understanding of not for profit organizations.
• Experience in non -profit theatre a plus
• 3+ year’s Special event fundraising and planning experience
• Experience in Raiser’s Edge and/or Tessitura databases
• Strong commitment to exemplary customer service and exceptional written communication skills are mandatory.
• Fundraising background, knowledge of direct mail, grant writing and basic event management.
• Knowledge of basic non-profit development principles and practices.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to solve problems with creativity and efficiency.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
FreshArts.org is a free, user-managed website. Posts and comments submitted on FreshArts.org do not necessarily serve as an endorsement or reflect the views of FreshArts or its staff.