The Prairie Ronde Artist Residency is located in historic Vicksburg, Michigan, near Kalamazoo. The residency provides access to the 420,000 square foot former Lee Paper Company paper mill and its adjacent 80 acres of property to use as inspiration. Artists are also encouraged to utilize our close ties to members of the village community and the area’s creative community.
We’ll provide housing and studio space for one resident at a time, three times a year. We’re offering a stipend of $2,000 for 4 – 7 weeks, a $500 travel grant, and private use of a car. We ask that the artist propose some sort of community “give back” like a workshop, final show or open studio days and that they donate a piece of work to our collection.
Apps Due – June 15th
Decisions Completed – July 15th
Session Window – October 1 to December 15th
For the application, we ask that you complete & submit the following materials by the due date for the session you are applying for:
1. Completed Artist Questionnaire
2. Artist C.V.
3. Examples of Previous Work and/or link to website
4. Two letters of reference
1. Please describe yourself and your artistic practice.
2. How do you think your work might be applied to community ‘give back’?
3. How would you use this time to work on your artistic practice?
4. What are your preferred dates (between 4 – 7 weeks) in the session you are applying for?
5. How might you use the Mill complex and the adjoining acreage during your time at Prairie Ronde?
Applications should be sent to email@example.com and all materials (except images, video files and audio files) should be sent in PDF format.