HARVEY ARTS RECOVERY FUND
ARTIST GRANT APPLICATION
The Harvey Arts Recovery supports the disaster recovery needs of the Greater Houston arts, culture, and creative community in our 10-county region (including Harris, Fort Bend, Montgomery, Brazoria, Galveston, Liberty, Waller, Chambers, Austin and San Jacinto counties). As a collaborative effort of Houston's arts services sector, our focus is on aiding individual artists and rebuilding and restoring smaller organizations.
Please note that those who received funding in the first or second round of grants are not eligible to apply a second time.
We invite individual artists and individuals employed by nonprofit arts organizations (including arts administrators, teaching artists, etc.) who suffered damage and losses to apply for grant support. Eligible expenses are defined but not limited to:
- Professional consultation
- Rental of temporary studio, rehearsal, performance, exhibit, office or other space/venue
- Loss of Income
- Loss of works of art
- Insurance deductibles
- Repurchasing supplies (paint, brushes, canvas, camera, computers, musical instruments, costumes, materials, etc.)
- Other assistance to ensure continuity of artistic works
Grants of up to $250-$1,000 will be made. There is no requirement for cost sharing or matching.
- You must be a person of at least 18 years of age working in a discipline of the fine and performing arts, history, heritage, or humanities. Persons working under a sole proprietorship or single member formation (e.g., LLC, LLP, S-Corp, etc.) are also eligible.
- Your workspace or residence must be within the 10 county region surrounding Harris County (Harris, Fort Bend, Montgomery, Brazoria, Galveston, Liberty, Waller, Chambers, Austin and San Jacinto counties).
- You must be able to demonstrate through appropriate documentation what your cultural or artistic practice is and how you’ve been working professionally in pursuit of this mission.
- You must be able to demonstrate through appropriate documentation and clear rationale how your cultural or artistic practice or mission was negatively affected, directly or indirectly, by the event of Hurricane and Tropical Storm Harvey.
- Since impact can manifest itself in many ways, and we are still learning about the impact that Harvey has had on our community, we are not restricting the use of funds requested to any purpose or category, provided clear need and rationale for the request is present.
How to Apply
Submit a completed application via the Fresh Arts Submittable page. Click here to apply.
May 11, 2018 at midnight cst.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.