Responsibilities - Prepare materials, samples, and material price lists for Hands-on Houston and other
• Develop and plan upcoming potential projects that align with exhibitions, including
sample projects, materials list, potential material price list or donation possibilities.
• Clearly outline the possible steps for each project, how long it will take, how many
volunteers might be needed, and potential set-up for the activity.
• Make sure projects encourage participants to be creative and practice problem-solving;
projects should include several artistic solutions.
• Organize and maintain an inventory of the education supplies cabinet.
• Interact with and teach the general public during Hands-on Houston craft activities and
other educational programs.
• Maintain the education statistics spreadsheet.
• General office and administrative tasks in support of the Education Director and
Education and Programs Manager.
• Work with the Education and Programs Manager to develop a list of potential workshops
for HCCC that would encourage artistic problem solving.
• Assist the general public with questions regarding the Center and programming.
• Other duties as assigned by the Education Director and Education and Programs
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Current student or recent college graduate in the field of education, arts/administration,
or related field
• Knowledge of Microsoft products
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekend programs
• Ability to learn/or knowledge about contemporary craft
• Ability to work with children