Houston Center for Contemporary Craft (HCCC) is looking for an intern to assist the curatorial
staff with the day-to-day activities of arts administration associated with running an exhibition
space. Preference is given to individuals currently enrolled in a studio art or art history degree
program, or to a recent graduate from one of the aforementioned degree programs.
• Reliable personal transportation
• Ability to dedicate 10 to 15 hours per week and to commit to a set schedule. This
includes the ability to work a flexible schedule, as well as attending HCCC functions such
as evening exhibition openings.
• Ability to have an open conversation with visitors about the exhibitions
• Ability to work with artists, residence artists, and other staff members
• Keep a record of visitor information in an organized fashion according to HCCC protocol
• Work alongside the curatorial staff during installation and de-installation periods
• Help with hands-on projects around the building to help the facility be as presentable as
• Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Word
desirable for applicants to be able to lift and carry 50 pounds or more.