The TANK Project Space is a small experimental art space located in Spring Street Studios of the Sawyer Yards campus that is dedicated as an installation space for visual artists.
This is an open call for exhibition proposals towards the 2020 rounds of exhibitions, and the deadline to apply is Friday September 27, 2019 at 11:59 PM!
Summary Project Description: (more details and restriction available in Submittable link)
- Create an installation for TANK Space at Spring Street Studios
- The gallery space is 8’11” x 11’11” with a ten foot tall ceiling and concrete floors. There are two rows of track lights on the ceiling, and two wall outlets. The space is typically left locked and is viewed through a large window along the 11’11” wall. The door is 23” x 6’7” with a full length window and can remain open for the duration of the exhibition. Reference images available in submission link and TANK Space FaceBook page.
- Proposals are invited from individual artists, teams or groups.
- Selected artists are highly encouraged to apply for the Houston Arts Alliance Let Creativity Happen! Express Grant.
- The Sawyer Yards Exhibition Program's goal in selecting exhibits includes presenting a cross section of media, content, and diversity over the year while showcasing quality installation art.
Artistic quality: Artists of the highest artistic caliber, as demonstrated by examples of past work.
Responsiveness: Letter of intent, proposal images, and final work successfully portray the overall goals of the project as well as engaging and inspiring the community.
Project management ability: Applicant(s) demonstrate that the Artist has the necessary capability to accomplish the project, and to create and deliver the work on schedule
- Resume, no more than three pages.
- Letter of Intent, to include contact information, and a description of how the Artist intends to meet the criteria listed above (1,500 words maximum).
- Work Examples: Up to ten (10) samples of previous work. Only JPEGs up to 5 MB in size will be accepted. Please provide at least two (2) sample designs of the proposed installation.
- Image List for all Work Examples, to include Artist name(s), title, date completed (as applicable), dimensions, and material/medium.
*Please follow instruction in the Submittable link below to submit all application materials. Proposals submitted by any other means will not be considered. *
There are three (3) time slots available for the 2020 exhibition calendar, with one week of deinstallation and one week of installation time allotted between each round:
May 9 - July 11, 2020
July 25 - September 19, 2020
October 3, 2020 - January 9, 2021
Please contact Grace Zuñiga with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply is Friday September 27, 2019 at 11:59 PM.
For more information about Sawyer Yards, please visit: https://www.sawyeryards.com/