41st International Watermedia Exhibition: Watercolor Art Society-Houston
Watercolor Art Society - Houston
1601 W. Alabama at Mandell
Houston, TX 77006
Entry Deadline: 1/12/18
Days remaining to deadline: 120
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Entry Fee (Entry fee for first piece): $35.00
Media Fee (per sample over minimum): $15.00
View Site Details
41st International Watermedia Exhibition Prospectus
Entry submission begins via CAFE: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 via https://www.callforentry.org/
Deadline for entry submission is 11:59pm on Friday, January 12, 2018 MST
More than $7000 in prizes
Exhibition Dates: Sunday, March 4, 2018 – Thursday, April 5, 2018
Please direct IWE related questions to International Watermedia Exhibition Co-Directors: Tom Kraycirik and/or Heather Jones Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: You may call the WAS-H office if needed, but email is recommended.
WAS-H (713) 942-9966
Juror: Iain Stewart, AWS, NWS
Iain Stewart is a watercolor artist/illustrator and a signature member of both the American and National Watercolor Societies. His work has received numerous awards in international competition and he is a sought after juror and workshop instructor. He is also an architectural illustrator with an international clientele- a business he has run for the last 20 years. Iain maintains a studio in Opelika, Alabama. Visit his website at http://iainstew.fineartstudioonline.com/
Eligibility and Requirements:
· Artist must 18 years of age or older.
· Must be a current WAS-H member prior to acceptance to count towards signature status.
· Up to three entries per artist.
· Nonrefundable Fee of $35 per entry, or 2 for $50 or 3 for $60 (one painting per artist might be exhibited).
· Additional handling fees of $50 for shipped or $25 for hand delivered art will be due from accepted artists. Detailed instructions for shipping and delivery will be provided in the Acceptance Notification Guidelines.
Water soluble media
At least 80% water media: watercolor, acrylic, gouache, egg tempera, casein, ink. NO water miscible oil.
Artwork must be completed within the last 24 months.
Paper, Yupo, Claybord or Gessobord (with or without cradle), paper based board (illustration or art board). Canvas is NOT accepted.
· Photo references allowed:
· must be artist’s original source material and NOT derived from any published references or from photographs NOT taken by artist
· NOT painted from another's painting
· NOT painted under supervision or from teaching DVD or book
· NOT accepted in any previous WAS-H Annual Member Exhibit or WAS-H International Watermedia Exhibition
· NOT repainted from winning image
· Only original artwork (no giclees, copies, etc.)
Allowed as long as water media is the dominant element,
All collage materials MUST be original designs executed on water media paper.
Less than 20% watercolor pencils, pastels, wax accents/resists, charcoal, graphite, metallic water based paint, water based iridescent paints.
· Paintings will have sales tax added at time of sale.
· Can be for sale or NFS (not for sale).
· Gallery commission of 20% and 5% charge for credit card sales.
· All sales include frames.
· WAS-H reserves right to negotiate up to 10% discount to secure sale of painting.
Matting and Framing Regulations
· Must be framed. Only exception is Claybord or Gessobord wood cradle panels.
· Simple metal or wood frames no wider than 2.0 inches.
· Mat and liner (if used) must be WHITE.
· Frame must be strung with wire for hanging. No other hangers.
· All submissions must be protected by Plexiglas (NO GLASS) except for Claybord
· No varnished paintings.
· Size not to exceed 48" in height or width, frame included.
· Painting image no less than 10” in any direction.
· Works not suitably presented will not be accepted.
· WAS-H reserves the right to hang your painting in the manner and location we
· WAS-H reserves the right to refuse entries that are obscene, controversial, or in bad taste.
• Cash Awards: 1st Place-$2000, 2nd Place-$1200 and 3rd Place-$900.
• Special Awards: Odette Rubin Memorial-$1000, Board of Directors-approx.
$500, Lloyd Albers Memorial-$500, Jack Bowen Award-$500
• Five Honorable Mentions - $175 each
• Only one award per artist.
• Winners are notified by phone and/or email
• Paintings must remain in the Gallery for the entire length of the show.
• Any artist or designated agent removing their painting prior to the end of
the show is subject to a penalty.
Medium: WC-Watercolor, A-Acrylic, G-Gouache
Surface: P-Paper, YP-Yupo, CB-Claybord, GB-Gessobord
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT CaFE site here: https://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=4708