The Somerville Toy Camera Festival seeks entries for its seventh annual celebration of toy and lo-fi photography.
Images of any subject matter, made with a “toy” camera – any low-tech camera with no or very limited exposure control, such as pinhole, Holga, Diana/Diana clones, Brownie, Ansco, disposable cameras – are eligible. The key criteria are plastic lenses and a lack of reliable exposure control. Straight Polaroid-type images, or images made with cell phones, digital cameras, or film cameras with full exposure control (such as the Lomo LC series), will not be considered.
Deadline for submission: June 24, 2019
Photographers will be notified by: July 26, 2019
Selected work must be received by: August 31, 2019
All shows will open by September 7, 2019, with opening receptions taking place Sept 7 and 8.
Gallery-specific opening dates and related events to be announced. The final placement of work will be decided by the organizing committee. Accepted pieces must be delivered to the respective gallery framed and wired for hanging. Artists are responsible for cost of shipping to and from the gallery.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
– There is a $25 submission fee per artist
– A maximum of five pieces may be entered for consideration
– Please note, we are using CaFE this year, so the process to submit has a few steps:
– Create a CaFE account
– Upload images to your CaFE Portfolio0
– Use CaFE’s “Find Calls” search function (search term: toy camera) or return to the STCF call at this link to submit your images for our juror’s consideration (you will select them from your CaFE portfolio)