2014 WHAM Call for Submissions
Submission Deadline: August 24
Sign up for our Arts Resource Newsletter to receive more info on this year's WHAM Call for Submissions!
Please read the information below thoroughly before applying to WHAM.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED BEFORE YOU APPLY:
AFTER READING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, APPLY FOR WHAM BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW:
If you do not already have a Submittable account, you will be prompted to create one. Your Submittable account is not connected to your Fresh Arts user account. It's very short and easy.
PLEASE REVIEW WHAM'S TERMS & CONDITIONS (Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org)
SPACE & MATERIALS:
- Each participating artist receives one 8' x 30" table, black linen, 1 chair, and sales receipt books.
- For consistency and aesthetic purposes, artists must use the tables, linens, and chairs provided by Fresh Arts.
- Additional embellishments are allowed for display purposes, but are the responsibility of the artist and must conform to the allotted space.
- Artists can use the wall space behind their table(s) to hang artwork. (Nails and hooks into the sheetrock are fine.)
- Depending on availability, WHAM artists may purchase an additional table and space for $50. Availability is not guaranteed and will be determined close to the start of WHAM.
- Artists may not switch assigned tables. This is non-negotiable. Every artist participating in WHAM understandably has a preference for where they are placed. Due to the large number of participants, we are not able to accommodate everyone's requests for placement. Fresh Arts will determine placement.
- There is a fee of $95 for registration, event management, marketing, and rentals/supplies. (Do not send in registration fees until your acceptance into WHAM has been confirmed.)
- Artists receive 75% of selling price, while 25% goes to Fresh Arts to cover remaining event costs. (NOTE: WHAM is not a fundraiser for us. We are only looking to cover our costs and help you sell as much local art as possible.)
PROVIDED BY ARTIST VENDOR:
- Each vendor must provide his or her own sales staff and display, hanging, and packing materials.
- Friday, November 21, 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. (Ticketed Preview Party for patrons)
- Saturday, November 22, 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 23, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Artists or other representatives are expected to be at their tables during all WHAM hours.
SALES, PAYMENT, & RELEASE:
- All sales are made thought the central check-out area. No exceptions.
- Accepted forms of payment: cash, check, American Express, MC and Visa
- The 3% fee on any credit card transaction is subject to the same 75/25% split between the selling artist and Fresh Arts.
- All artists must sign a liability release form to participate in WHAM.
SALES & INCOME TAX:
- Fresh Arts has a Texas sales tax permit and will collect sales tax on sales and remit to the state.
- The 25% commission from sales underwrites the cost of administering WHAM and is NOT a tax-deductible donation to Fresh Arts.
- Participating artists and businesses may, however, deduct the WHAM fees and commission as a business expense IF and only if the full 100% sales price is claimed in income tax reporting. Please consult with your accountant for clarification.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES:
- Application Deadline: Midnight, August 24, 2014
- Selected participants notified by: September 16, 2014 (Please do not call for results.)