We are currently accepting applications for the 2013 Winter Holiday Art Market (WHAM)!
2013 WHAM application submission deadline: August 21, 2013
Sign up for our Arts Resource Newsletter to receive more info on this year's WHAM Call for Submissions!
Please read the information below thoroughly before applying to WHAM.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED BEFORE YOU APPLY:
- You must create a free account and profile in Spacetaker’s Artist Registry. To create an account, click here to Create new account and fill out all the appropriate information. If you already have an account, you must be logged into your account to apply. Once your account has been created and you are logged in, click Create your profile and fill in all the appropriate fields.
- Make sure all the contact information in your profile is correct and complete.
- Please include a simple bio or CV information in your profile.
- You will need 4 high-resolution (300 dpi) images indicative of the work you’d like to sell at WHAM in jpeg, jpg, gif or png formats.
- Be prepared to describe your proposed artwork or crafts and upload the 4 images.
- Once you are logged in, your profile has been created, all of the above items are ready, and you have read our WHAM Terms & Conditions below...
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO APPY FOR WHAM:
- In the "Name" field, type in your full name and if you have a company name, include it in parentheses. For example: Lisa Chouinard (Feto Soap)
- Select "2013 WHAM: Call for Entry" and click the green + button to apply for this year's market.
- Include a description of the type of work you will sell. Include materials you use, size of work, and prices if possible
- Scroll through to select your artist Profile so that it is linked to your WHAM submission
- Upload your 4 images and include a brief description of each work
- Press "Save" at the bottom of the form. Once you press "Save," your WHAM application has been submitted
- To make any changes or go back into your application, click the "Create/Edit/Manage Content" button in the right-hand navigation menu (which you will only see if you are logged into your account), find your "WHAM Participant" item in your Workspace list and click "edit."
- If you have applied for WHAM within the last two years you will already have a WHAM Participant form associated with either the 2011 or 2012 Call for Submissions. If you are a returning applicant, please make sure that you create a new WHAM Participant application and do not use one of your old WHAM Participant submissions.
PLEASE REVIEW WHAM'S TERMS & CONDITIONS
SPACE & MATERIALS:
- Each participating artist receives one 8' x 30" table, black linen, 1 chair, and sales receipt books.
- For consistency and aesthetic purposes, artists must use the tables, linens, and chairs provided by Fresh Arts.
- Additional embellishments are allowed for display purposes, but are the responsibility of the artist and must conform to the allotted space.
- Artists can use the wall space behind their table(s) to hang artwork.
- Depending on availability, WHAM artists may purchase an additional table and space for $50.
- There is a fee of $95 for registration, event management, and rentals/supplies. (Do not send in registration fees until your acceptance into WHAM has been confirmed.)
- Artists receive 75% of selling price, while 25% goes to Fresh Arts to cover remaining event costs.
PROVIDED BY ARTIST VENDOR:
- Each vendor must provide his or her own sales staff and display, hanging, and packing materials.
- Friday, November 22, 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. (Ticketed Preview Party for patrons)
- Saturday, November 23, 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 24, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Artists or other representatives are expected to be at their tables during all WHAM hours.
SALES, PAYMENT, & RELEASE:
- All sales are made thought the central check-out area. No exceptions.
- Accepted forms of payment: cash, check, American Express, MC and Visa
- The 3% fee on any credit card transaction is subject to the same 75/25% split between the selling artist and Fresh Arts.
- All artists must sign a liability release form to participate in WHAM.
SALES & INCOME TAX:
- Fresh Arts has a Texas sales tax permit and will collect sales tax on sales and remit to the state.
- The 25% commission from sales underwrites the cost of administering WHAM and is NOT a tax-deductible donation to Fresh Arts.
- Participating artists and businesses may, however, deduct the WHAM fees and commission as a business expense IF and only if the full 100% sales price is claimed in income tax reporting. Please consult with your accountant for clarification.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES:
- Application Deadline: August 21, 2013
- Selected participants notified by: September 19, 2013 (Please do not call for results.)
- Registration form and fees due: October 1, 2013
* Fresh Arts refers to the organization created from the merging of Spacetaker and Fresh Arts Coalition in 2012.